Reporting to the FX Supervisor, the FX artist receives creative direction to create high-caliber dynamic and riveting visual 3D FX. This role requires trouble shooting skills to be able to solve technical and artistic issues while meeting client requirements and production deadlines.
– Creates a wide variety of realistic effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, and water
– Works under the guidance of multiple supervisors to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy, often exploring different approaches and looks
– Works with the FX leads to produce various elements using presets and templates, and to expand and improve upon these templates
– Revises simulations based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
– Coordinates with the lighting department to ensure seamless integration of FX elements
– Works within the established pipeline and offer constructive suggestions to improve the process
– Helps develop and explore new ways to enhance results
– Helps team debug issues and learn new methods
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
– Minimum four (4) years of live action visual effects experience
– Creative ability and artistic talent, demonstrated by previous work
– Able to build systems that can create complex FX yet simple, intuitive, and easy to control
– Demonstrated knowledge of Houdini
– Demonstrated knowledge of Python, The Houdini Object Model (HOM) , and VEX
– Knowledge of one or more renderer commonly used in production such as Vray, Arnold, Prman, and Mantra
– C++ and Houdini SDK experience is a plus
– Houdini HOM
– 3ds Max
– Thinking Particles
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.
About Scanline VFX
Scanline VFX offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Be part of an award-winning studio where you will be challenged to do the best work of your career.