The Department Manager reports to the Head of Production, and manages the day-to-day operations of their assigned department along with department leads and supervisors.
– Works in tandem with the department leads and supervisors to foster the partnership between different department and show supervision teams
– Assists Head of Production in planning and executing resource crew schedules, along with evaluating show needs and flagging any resource concerns
– Mentors and collaborates with Departments Coordinators to create clear daily and weekly plans to ensure work schedule is on track as discussed with leads and supervisors
– Organizes and manages departments meetings, and keeps a good pulse on artists wellbeing
– Maintains a good overview of department’s overall priorities
– Drives and/or assists with artists schedules & tasks
– Identifies and assists department leads and supervisors crew with any project roadblocks and creates detailed plans to ensure effective and efficient schedules
– Ensures clear communication flow & follow up with various teams & department regarding goals & deadlines.
– Evaluates artists performance along with department leads and supervisors, and escalates to Head of Production and HR as needed
– Manages training and artists career grown with the support of department supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Department Manager, Artist Manager, Digital Production Manager and/or in a similar position
– Minimum five (5) years of total experience working on high end feature films/ episodic TV
– Strong technical understanding of the VFX pipeline across multiple departments, as well as interest and knowledge of VFX software packages
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Advanced Excel skills
– Shotgun, or other production management software experience is required
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.
About Scanline VFX
Scanline VFX offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Be part of an award-winning studio where you will be challenged to do the best work of your career.