- Supervising the process of creating high quality character, creature and/or object animations for feature films.
- Working closely with supervisors and head of department to identify and solve problems, both technical and artistic.
- Attend and actively participate in show and department related meetings
- Plan and provide estimates/schedules for tasks and shows .
- Plan on the team with the Department manager and forecast any resource needs
- Do daily rounds/reviews with the artists and providing creative solutions
- Communicate client notes to the team.
- Liaises with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma in animation or related field or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Minimum (4-6) years of experience in a animation lead position on feature films (preferred)
- Knowledge of Maya (required)
- Knowledge of Nuke and3Ds Max (a plus)
- Must have a strong sense of animation basics; acting, staging, posing, weight, timing and storytelling
- Previs experience a plus
- A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
- Background or experience in fine arts demonstrating a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and composition
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
- Ability to troubleshoot/solve technical problems and escalate as needed
- Coding /scripting experiences in python and or mel (a plus)
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if
your details have recently changed.
About Scanline VFX