Purpose of the job:
The FX Artist works closely with the FX lead and FX TDs to create high quality effects including rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and rendering, procedural geometry generation, and fluid dynamics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and animate high quality, photo-real effects (fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc.) that meet all
technical and aesthetic standards for the project.
• Work within the show structure and production deadlines to complete all tasks.
• Work closely with Lighting Artists and Compositors to ensure all effects will work smoothly within the show
• Produce look tests based on provided reference materials.
• Take direction from FX Leads and FX TDs as well as provide guidance and mentorship to other FX Artists.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
• 3+ years experience as an FX Artist creating photo-real effects elements for feature films.
• Degree in Animation, Arts, Fine Arts or equivalent production experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics a plus
• Expert knowledge of any/all of the following: rigid body and particle dynamics, volume modeling and
rendering, procedural geometry generation, and fluid dynamics.
• Strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
• Production experience working in Houdini and/or Naiad is required
• Working experience with one or more other professional software packages such as Maya, 3D Studio Maxor Real
Flow is a plus
• Requires strong technical and communication skills within a show structure
• Firm understanding of effects production pipelines
• Python scripting is a plus
About DIGITAL DOMAIN
To apply for this position please submit an application to Recruiter, Christine Ru at firstname.lastname@example.org