Air Bud Entertainment is a fully integrated film studio creating heartwarming, family-friendly films from the ground up. Our entire film production process is vertically integrated, from conception through to distribution. Our headquarters are in Malibu, but our full production and post-production facility is right here in beautiful Vancouver, B.C.
ABE is home to some of Vancouver’s most creative & award-winning sound designers, picture editors and experienced technical staff. We’ve conceived and created projects released all over the world through studios such as Miramax, Disney, Netflix, and Warner Brothers.
We’re best known for the family classic Air Bud, MVP, and Air Buddies franchises, and our recent franchise is the Pup Star series on Netflix.
We are a boutique facility. We strictly follow all labour standards, pay OT (on the rare occasion that we do overtime), and have competitive rates. The studio best suits talent and management who, while working hard when they have to, also cherish the parts of their lives that aren’t job related, resulting in an excellent work environment. Our VFX department does no third-party work, yet has completed over 15 feature length films in the last 15 years.
Our Vancouver post facility is currently seeking a VFX Supervisor for a variety of upcoming projects, both film and television. We have a quality, motivated team in place and in 2018, are embarking on both a Netflix feature and a 22 episode Television Series for Disney Channel.
The Visual Effects Supervisor is responsible for the design and execution of visual effects work on a given project. This includes both on set supervision for acquisition of plates and elements, and supervision of the shot work through post production.
The Visual Effects Supervisor is responsible for the management and successful completion of the project. The Supervisor’s input will be required for issues such as artist performance and team selection, liaising with the overall project supervisor, producer, or director as required, scheduling of effects production, and estimating/bidding new work.
· Management of the supervisor of various VFX departments
· VFX supervision as required (On set / In house through post)
· Work with team on Look Development of VFX sequences.
· Work closely with Producers and Coordinators to establish and manage the project teams and budgets.
· Keep up to date with internal techniques, tools & software.
· Outline show requirements involving team size, team strengths, & resources
· Communicate Director’s feedback
· Communicate show expectations with VFX artists
· Manage performance and morale of in house artists.
· Provide artistic supervision throughout production process.
· Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
· Assist in overall team communication and contribute to positive work environment.
· Attend management related meetings.
· Attend interviews and take part in recruitment when required.
· Other reasonable duties as assigned.
· Experience and working knowledge of Shotgun.
· 10 years employment within the media and television industry with Visual Effects on-location supervisory experience
· Preparing and managing budgets and breakdowns
· Past on-set experience as a VFX Supervisor.
· Strong attention to detail and follow through.
· Past experience managing team artists and working closely with VFX Producer
· Excellent communication skills in English; both written and verbal.
· Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
· Contribute to a positive work environment.
· Positive attitude and flexible schedule.
· Resume and demonstrating skills.
· Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed to meet deadlines
Salary to be discussed upon interview
Please send a resume to email@example.com