Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a VFX Supervisor, On-Set to work in collaboration with our clients and in-house VFX Supervisors on episodic projects.
• Preparation of scripts & bidding VFX breakdown with methodologies for discussion.
• Participate in tech scouts with shooting crew.
• Provide on set reference and HDRI photos as needed.
• Work with Director, and DP during filming.
• Make critical on set decisions to maximize shot success and/or plan for issues.
• Manage day to day developments between set and studio during production.
• Communicate client direction, and hand off general on-set progress to in house VFX Supervisor.
• Provide artistic and technical supervision throughout pre-production.
• Provide daily “end of day” report back to the studio.
• 4+ years on-set VFX experience is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Script breakdown, bidding experience a requirement.
• Extensive client management experience.
• Experience in both episodic and feature film projects an asset.
• Knowledge of MAYA, VRAY & NUKE.
BC residents only please.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend, Once Upon a Time, The 100, and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?