Our Vancouver location is currently seeking 2D Look Development Artist for Episodic projects. This is a seasonal opening beginning early August 2015.
The overall priority of the 2D Look Dev TD is to assume responsibility for the creation of the look development of assets and environments under the direction of the 2D Lead. The 2D Look Dev TD works with the producer and show leads to prioritize and hit deadlines for new assets and look development as well as to flag any potential issues with deliveries and milestones.
- Create look for assets and sequences in conjunction with VFX Supervisors.
- Prioritize other look development items and delegate accordingly to ensure deadlines and deliveries are met.
- Oversee other artists assigned to look dev to hit milestones & goals.
- Work with the 3D department in a combined effort to revise, edit and finalize new assets in a timely manner to meet production deadlines.
- Work with 3D teams to ensure any technical or creative issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Attend Dailies and other meetings as assigned.
- Work with 2D Leads to communicate artistic and technical direction.
- Extensive experience in Nuke
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Extensive experience in a compositing role
- Previous experience in a Look Dev role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend, Once Upon a Time, The 100, and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?