Our Vancouver, BC location is currently seeking a Model & Texture Artist for our studio and various projects. This is seasonal position beginning immediately until May, 2016.
The Model / Texture artist works under the supervision of the CG Lead, CG Supervisor and VFX Supervisor.
- Create digital assets from both cyber scans and photographic reference that meets all production requirements
- Ability to work self-directed and also follow specific direction when given
- Work closely with other departments to ensure assets created work through the pipeline
- Implement best practices, mentors juniors artist and anticipate potential problems
- Pro-active team member who demonstrates a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, Mudbox
- Extensive experience with both organic and hard surface modeling
- Good retopologizing and UV skills a must
- Experience creating high resolution hard surface and organic models
- Photorealistic texturing experience
- Knowledge of V-ray an asset
- previous modeling and texturing experience within feature films
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Night at the Museum 3, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: The Green Legend, Once Upon a Time, The 100, and Arrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?