The Show Technical Director is involved in the planning and support of the technical aspects of a given show or shows. Working closely under the direction of the CG, Comp and/or VFX Supervisor(s), the Show Technical Director collaborates with other leads to ensure a smooth technical process on the show. He or she will write application specific tools, or show specific pipeline tools as required, solve problems for non-technical artists and otherwise be the first response person for any technical issues on the show(s) he or she is assigned to.
· Troubleshoot and help ensure consistent quality of rendering
· Assist the CG supervisor with effective planning for 3D asset management.
· Assist the CG supervisor with effective planning for the rendering process.
· Assist with the support of a pipeline and asset/project management system
· Problem solving and developing improved software systems and tools
· Develop and maintain proprietary tools/shaders/plugins/scripts and recommend relevant external alternatives, as appropriate
· Monitors for and flags unforeseen 3D technical issues affecting budget and re-assesses time estimates to complete work accordingly
· Ensures render efficiency at all stages.
· Provides support of tools and procedures that enhance the production pipeline
· Assist cg artists with troubleshooting of cg related issues including: fur, clothing, particle effects, animation and rendering
· Assist comp artists with troubleshooting of comp related issues including: software problems, rendering problems, scripting issues and others.
· Trains team members on production techniques as appropriate
· Define crew training plan with CG Supervisor
· Facilitates production needs of team members
· Researches and implements techniques as needed
· Oversees technical training of new team members
· Interface with Pipeline and stay current with studio standards and pipeline tools
To make an application please send your Resume to Millie Cox – firstname.lastname@example.org