Reporting to the Head of Software, the Pipeline Supervisor is responsible to lead the pipeline team to design, produce, and maintain processes and tools which ensure efficient and continuing operation of visual effects and commercial pipelines at Method Studios. The goal is to improve efficiency and quality for all segments of the studio and to make sure the team functions at peak efficiency.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct development resources to build software systems and tools to support production.
- Collaborate with the Head of Software and Production Teams to prioritize development goals.
- Work with the Project Manager to track development progress while setting expectations and status to productions.
- Collaborate with Management to ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Promote a positive, productive, and open work environment.
- Strive to continually improve pipeline development and organizational standards.
- Work to understand existing pipeline tools and processes.
- Confirm that pipeline projects match required standards of functionality, documentation, and communication.
- Address the needs of a multi-location, global workflow and dialogue with staff in different locations and time zones.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in film industry, ideally with previous experience in post-production, VFX, and CG.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of multiple 2D and 3D software packages.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving, and project management skills required.
- Must be a proven and effective leader with the ability to effectively delegate and mentor.
Please e-mail van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with your résumé and your current or upcoming availability with subject line “Pipeline Supervisor” and your name, as in: “Pipeline Supervisor – John Smith”. We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work includes: “Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “5th Wave”, “King Arthur,” and several upcoming Marvel projects!