METHOD VANCOUVER is actively seeking VFX Coordinators for current and upcoming feature film projects.
Reporting to the Production Manager, Visual Effects, the VFX Coordinator is responsible for the management of information flow during a project. Taking client requests, recording client notes, generating schedules, invoices and work orders are all part of the daily responsibilities of the VFX Coordinator. The requirement to act as a backup for the Visual Effects Supervisor on set and in the suite may arise from time to time.
In addition, the VFX Coordinator serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients. This direct client interaction requires a highly professional demeanour and diplomacy.
– organize VFX meetings and screenings as required
– attend and take notes during production/VFX meetings and dailies sessions
– maintain all schedules, crew lists and call sheets, both internal and from production office
– keep VFX Supervisor informed of set calls and schedule changes
– on set/in suite assistance as required
– set up and maintain project production binders
– book sessions for comp, CG and roto through VFX Facility Manager
– correspondence with assistant editors for project specific information
– review cut and edls and produce count sheet
– create and distribute budget alerts as per VFX Supervisor
– ordering and administration of source plates and VFX elements as per VFX Supervisor
– administrate film scanning and recording
– assisting with supervision of sessions
– recording client notes and approvals
– maintaining reel logs
– maintaining and monitoring project status
– MUST HAVE experience working at a visual effects studio or similar CG-related industry, specifically aiding in the asset production and artist workflow of a project.
– Must be qualified to work in Canada (citizen or PR) or already have open work permit
– Must be familiar with Office programs such as Word and Excel
– Experience with production programs such as Filemaker Pro and Shotgun are assets
This is a full-time, contract position requiring periodic overtime.
Please reply via e-mail to van-recruiting[at]methodstudios.com with the subject line “VFX Coordinator” and your name (e.g. VFX Coordinator – John Smith) along with your CV and upcoming availability. We thank all candidates in advance for applying but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Located in Vancouver at 50 W. 2nd Avenue, Method Studios is an award-winning, international visual effects group with facilities in Los Angeles, Vancouver, New York, London, Sydney, and Melbourne. As an artist-driven company known for its creativity, Method Studios services high-end feature film, commercial, television, games, and motion graphics clients in the global marketplace. Built around an exceptional team of VFX professionals, our international facilities provide a full range of services including conceptual design, look development, on-set supervision, 3D animation/CGI, matte painting, compositing, and finishing. With its global reach accented by its boutique accessibility, the company has the capacity to service its clientele wherever production is situated.
Recent feature credits for Method include: “Ant-man”, “San Andreas”, “Avengers: Age of Ultron”, “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb”, “Jupiter Ascending”, “The Maze Runner”, “The Giver”, “The Judge”, “Into The Storm”, “Snowpiercer”, “X-Men: Days of Future Past”, “Transformers: Age of Extinction”, “Maleficent”, “Thor 2”, “Cloud Atlas”, “Argo”, “Dark Shadows”, “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2”, “Abraham Lincoln-Vampire Hunter”, “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island”, “Clash of the Titans 2”, “Contagion”, and “Elysium”.
Upcoming feature work includes: , “Pelé”, “Tarzan”, “King Arthur” and two upcoming Marvel projects!