Reporting to the Model or Texture Lead and to the CG Supervisor (per project), the Texture Artist will create textures for production assets. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgement.
• Creates textures as assigned by the asset lead.
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Ensure all working files are efficiently organized and that all work complies with Method’s technical standards and specifications.
• Follow Supervisor directions, ensuring textures created are accurate and effective.
• Fully comprehend the requirements of the designs thereby creating textures true to the approved concept and direction.
• Create and modify textures by following the creative direction of the production.
• Interact with production team in a positive manner and take direction and criticism in good humour
• Report technical problems and potential issues to Supervisors in a timely fashion.
• 3+ years Texturing experience
An expert level knowledge of Mari.
• Good knowledge of displacement map and normal map generation.
• Knowledge of Maya
• Proficiency in Photoshop
• Mudbox, Zbrush and substance painter/designer knowledge is a plus
• Technical understanding of colour space
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Excellent team player.
• Excellent file management skills.
• Good communication skills