Our client, L’Atelier Animation, is currently seeking an 3D Animator to join it’s studio in Montreal. L’Atelier Animation is an animation studio created in 2012. L’Atelier Animation specializes in the creation of 3D feature films. They are currently working on the animated feature film “Ballerina”.
The 3D Animator works under the supervision of the Animation Director and the Animation leads. S/He is responsible for characters, vehicles and props animation for the film production. The artist interprets the storyboard / animatic to create key-frame animation while respecting the technical requirements and the artistic vision of the project.
- Work from storyboard/animatic to create feature level, key-framed animation;
- Demonstrate a strong sense of performance, posing, timing, weight, and lip sync;
- Maintain a shot-to-shot continuity;
- Ensure animation meets the style and vision set out by the Animation Director and Directors;
- Maintain timing and production quotas given by the production coordinator;
- Execute the corrections requested by the Supervisor and the Director by showing an analytic mind;
- Organize work and prepare presentation elements for approval;
- Communicate and seek information if necessary;
- Maintain a good team dynamics;
- College diploma or equivalent in 3D computer graphics / 3D animation specialization;
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in 3D animation with MAYA, in a film production environment / animation TV series or visual effects;
- Strong sense of anatomy;
- Ability to interpret a storyboard;
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the Directors effectively;
- Experience creating expressive hand and facial animation in a production environment;
- Strong knowledge of traditional animation techniques and characters movement principles;
- Rigging experience is a plus;
- Be comfortable to work in a LINUX / UNIX environment;
- Knowledge of an asset manager as SHOTGUN is a plus;
- Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident in Canada and be available to work in Montreal, Quebec.
If interested, please send me your resume and demo reel at email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Digital District is an equal opportunity employer.
Title: 3D Animator Artist
Status: Contractual / full time
Salary: Based on experience