VFX RECRUITER – Image Engine, Vancouver, BC
Start Date: August 2015
ABOUT IMAGE ENGINE
Well known for our work on Neill Blomkamp’s District 9, Image Engine has gone on to create numerous incredible creatures, epic environments and extraordinary digital effects for a broad range of feature films! We are led by a team of creative and passionate individuals who are committed to furthering the art of visual storytelling, and helping our exceptionally talented crew to push the boundaries of artistic and technical achievement at our studio.
The VFX Recruiter position is essential to the success of Image Engine. They will recruit and maintain relationships with vfx artists across the globe. They will build a network of talented artists and technical R&D/Pipeline professionals alike. They will be on the pulse of recruitment trends, compensation rates and market conditions to ensure Image Engine is able to attract and retain top tier artists in our industry.
The Recruiter will use their knowledge of the VFX industry to identify and shortlist qualified artists for vacant positions. They will be able to handle high volume recruits and juggle competing offers and negotiations. They will take the initiative to make recommendations for salaries and have the ability to negotiate job offers with prospective artists.
They will work with the HR Manager and Head to Studio Operations to build and maintain the “family” culture at Image Engine and promote a healthy and fun working environment for our employees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in full cycle recruitment
- Creatively source artists through online postings, LinkedIn, social media, networking events and industry events
- Manage an Applicant Tracking System and job postings
- Work with supervisors to review demo reels to assess artist’s capabilities and identify ideal candidates
- Coordinate and participate in interviews
- Negotiate employment offers
- Build relationships with artists in the industry to increase your professional network
- Coordinate with key members of the community to build industry relationships, ie. HR Sig groups, VFX Schools and Vancouver Economic Commission
- Monitor immigration status of employees and alert the HR Manager to work permit or contract extension requirements
- Ensure artists have a positive experience in the recruitment process
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years of recruitment experience in the VFX feature film industry
- Bachelor’s Degree (HR or business preferred)
- Proven experience developing and maintaining employer brand through online advertisements and social media presence
- Experience with HRIS and ATS
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to represent themselves and Image Engine professionally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to multitask in an environment where there are changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should read “Recruiter – your name”. Please include your availability.