LEAD COMPOSITOR – Image Engine, Vancouver, BC
Contract: starting January, 2015
Are you interested in working for a growing, independent, award winning studio? This opportunity involves working in a strong, R&D supported pipeline, a friendly and collaborative environment, and with a group of passionate artists all working towards realizing the Director’s dream.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Take direction from the Compositing Supervisor to help realize the vision of the shots through the compositing team
- Responsible for working with the Compositing Supervisor to assess, assign and monitor compositing needs
- Design and develop procedural and innovative tool sets, pipelines and techniques for the Compositors
- Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets on time and at a high level of quality
- Offer guidance and mentoring for junior to mid level compositors
- Clearly communicate progress and issues
- Compositing tasks include blue/green screen pulls, 3D projection environment in Nuke, balancing and sometimes creating shadow elements, color correction, wire & rig removal, roto, dust-busting, morphs, transitions, background replacement, day-for-night, dry-for-wet and a host of other 2D issues
THIS IS WHAT WE REQUIRE:
- At least 5+ years experience in compositing digital VFX for film
- Advanced demonstrated knowledge and production experience in Nuke
- Must have strong knowledge of compositing workflow and the compositing application interface
- Must have strong aptitude for technical workflow challenges such as directory structure, file formats, naming conventions, scripts, automation tools, automated dailies, etc.
- Experience with complex matte extractions and motion tracking
- Ability to teach/ mentor coworkers
HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
If this role is for you, e-mail your resume, and a link to a reel and breakdown to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject should read “Lead Compositor – your name”.