Our last game trailer for you to watch: https://youtu.be/PCGdjnCreYM
As the character rigger, you will design the skeletal framework and weighting of a person, creature, cloth and hair simulation or moving object to be integrated in our pipeline. The position requires collaborating with discipline leads and other team members to meet deadlines while observing the existing style and technical restraints. Artistic/Technical talent, experience, effective communication and teamwork are essential components of a successful applicant. This junior position will be a perfect opportunity for an animation graduate who is interested to become a rigger.
IGG’s CG/VFX Team is looking for a Cinematic 3D Rigger to support our game trailers/videos.
- Assist in streamlining character set-up/rigging process.
- Weight characters in an efficient manner while maintaining a high degree of visual and deformation fidelity.
- Apply and simulate clothing, hair or other areas requiring technical animation.
- Work closely with modeling and animation teams to create optimized rigs that fully address the needs of the character’s or machine’s functionality.
- Work with the senior rigger to provide technical support to the Animation team.
- Create tools with the Maya API and MEL scripts to enable animators to create realistic or stylish animation.
- Find creative solutions to streamline the character creation workflow throughout the pipeline.
Ability to troubleshoot pre-existing character rig setups/scripts.
- Other duties assigned by the team
- Experienced in Maya, UNREAL (Unity is a bonus)
- Knowledge of FK/IK systems.
- Experienced with facial rigs and deformation.
- Good knowledge of hair, fur, and cloth simulation software such as nCloth, nHair, Yeti.
- Can work well both independently and closely with other Artists.
- Good verbal communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Other duties assigned by the team
Bonus to have:
- Proven track record of art assets on projects that have made it to market
- Interest in pop culture, movies and games
- Familiarity with casual games on iOS and Android platforms
Position type: permanent or others to be discussed
Compensation Package for permanent employees:
Comprehensive benefits after 3 months including extended health and dental.
Paid Vacation + paid Sick days: 18 days
Active Living Benefits (such as Fitness Memberships, Registration fees for team sports reimbursement) after 3 months
Training and development fee reimbursement after 3 months
Dependent Child Benefit
Paid Holiday Closure
RRSP matching after 1 year
Perks for permanent employees:
On-site car and Bike Parking
Monthly Transit Allowance after 3 months
Work hours: 10 am to 6 pm with 1 hour paid lunch.
Dress code: Casual
Lots of snacks, drinks available
Monthly Team lunch
This position needs to work on-site
Apply through: https://igg.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=127
About IGG Canada
IGG Canada is a premium mobile game and video production studio located at 5 East 8th Ave. Vancouver, Canada. With spectacular views of the downtown skyline, coastal mountains and English Bay, our new studio is spacious, high-tech and inspiring.
IGG Canada is a division of IGG - I Got Games, a global interactive digital entertainment company that specializes in the development of and operation of Mobile Games. Established in 2006, IGG was founded with the aim of becoming a leading massively multiplayer game publisher and developer. The company has rapidly expanded its global operations, through strategic partnerships with popular gaming platforms such as Facebook, iOS, Amazon, Google Play, Kongregate and many others. IGG currently operates studios in China, Philippines, Singapore, the U.S. and Canada which opened its doors in 2013.
If you're passionate about creating mobile games that reach millions of players around the world and are interested in becoming an integral member of our Canadian team of superheroes, we want to hear from you!