We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
You are responsible for creating animated sequences of characters, objects, and cameras under the creative direction of the project lead. You have extensive work experience using, manipulation, and cleaning up motion capture data. You are proficient with Keyframe animation and strong fundamentals such as posing, timing, and pacing. When others describe you, they say you are a great problem solver with a willingness to learn new tools and pipelines. You are passionate about creating memorable cinematic sequences.
· Ability to take motion-captured layout and push the animation successfully to achieve proper, but embellished, body mechanics
· Strong sense and knowledge of what needs to be done in various pipeline steps in the animation department
· Compile motion capture data in Motion builder and animate cameras according to storyboards or set timing of sequences
· Demonstrates leadership and takes initiative to learn new tools and skills
· Well spoken with great communication skills willing to teach younger animators/layout artists. A great mentor.
· 1-3 years of related work experience
· Vast experience and thorough knowledge of both Motion Builder and Maya
· Thrive in a deadline-driven environment
· Self motivated, enthusiastic attitude and good communication skills
· Ability to work efficiently as part of a team or independently at times to find the best design solutions
· An amazing demo reel showcasing character key frame animation, motion capture data, and camera animation with a strong sense of cinematic timing and pacing.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Goldtooth Creative Agency Inc.
A boutique studio in the lush and beautiful Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2008, Goldtooth is one of the first rare hybrid studios of its kind : an all-in-one creative agency and full-service production studio, with a complete visual effects and post facility. Housing a multi-award winning advertising, cinematics, and visual effects team gathered under one roof. Artists with feature film backgrounds, specializing in bringing a cinematic quality to video game trailers, commercials, marketing media and in-game story content. Each member of the team is a master of their craft, who bring stories to the screen from concept to completion.
Goldtooth is fortunate to collaborate with some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry. We attack our diverse range of projects with passion and precision, delivering award-winning results. Our content ranges with material from Live Action, CGI, to In-Game. We handle pre-rendered, real-time, 2D, 3D, visual effects, motion graphics, and live action projects to suit the needs of major video game clients and feature film studios around the world.
Our team has delivered successful 10-60 second commercials under impossible circumstances, worked on Oscar nominated VFX films, delivered 100+ vfx shots on major Feature Films, and produced over 2 hours of story cinematics on a single production. We’ve completed the impossible with the most successful Webisode Series of its time, groundbreaking Marketing Stunts resulting in Trailer of the year awards, Best Trailer of All time, Best online video, Gold for copywriting, a Grammy nomination, including entire Marketing Campaigns for AAA best-selling titles, and the marketing campaign for the Best Game of the Year in 2014.
Goldtooth knows how to be unique, take chances, and be cutting edge. We have the talent and pipeline to deal with any project, and the chomps to take a bite out of the competition, launching your product forward as you’ve always imagined.