FuseFX has an opening in Vancouver! We have an opportunity at our studio for a dedicated Office Coordinator.
The Office Coordinator will facilitate the operational and administrative requirements of our facilities, staff and clients by providing support for a variety of tasks. The Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for fulfilling all duties at the reception desk, as well as supporting the Office Manager and other departments as needed.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual productions, and VR. Founded in 2006, the company employs 800+ personnel across eight studio locations and three brands. Our flagship studio is in Los Angeles, CA, with locations in New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota studios are serviced by FOLKS VFX, who joined FuseFX in 2020. The Adelaide, Australia studio is serviced by Rising Sun Pictures, who joined FuseFX in 2021.
- Greet and welcome guests and staff as they arrive at the office
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Take and relay messages in a timely manner, via email, phone, or otherwise
- Know and be able to share general knowledge about FuseFX with callers, clients, or guests, including the company address and directions, the website, and other related information
- Maintain office security by reviewing and steadfastly maintaining facility safety and security procedures, such as directing visitors to the virtual sign-in portal and requiring them to sign NDAs, distributing and tracking visitor badges, and learning and enforcing facility lockup protocols
- Keep the reception area tidy and presentable
- Handle all internal, incoming and outgoing media traffic, including receiving, logging, handing off, and checking out hard drives, tapes, equipment, and more.
- Receive and distribute mail and packages that arrive at the office, as well as schedule pick-up and delivery for packages via FedEx, UPS, or other similar services
- Order lunch and/or dinner for staff, and distribute or organize food as needed for said staff
- Track, stock, and order office supplies
- Complete a variety of tasks to keep the office clean and functioning throughout the day, including stocking snacks, collecting, washing, and storing dishes, brewing coffee, and replacing required materials in restrooms or other common areas, etc.
- Assist the Office Manager with the assembly, installation, relocation and removal of office furniture and various other pieces of office equipment
- Offer support for various other needs and tasks as they arise
- Positive, professional and welcoming attitude
- Flexible schedule – open/close responsibilities, some weekend work
- Understand and comfortably use Microsoft Office programs
- Capable of learning new computer programs
- Experience in VFX or a similar office environment a plus
- Clear and concise communicator with a good demeanor
- Willing to perform a variety of duties not listed above as needed
- Experienced multitasker comfortable wearing multiple hats at once
- Able to lift fifty pounds
Please submit applications here: https://bit.ly/3xwmQU1
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law
About FuseFX-BC Inc.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that provides visual effects services for film, television, commercials, games, and special venues.
FuseFX has emerged as a leader in Visual Effects for episodic television, as well as increasing work on commercials and feature film productions. FuseFX has over 100 employees at their flagship office in Los Angeles, along with offices in New York City and Vancouver, Canada.
FuseFX BC was established in 2014 to serve Vancouver’s burgeoning film and television production community. Led by Jon Cowley, the team combines a boutique mindset with the industry’s most efficient pipeline and an ability to work seamlessly and nimbly as an extension of the company’s Los Angeles and New York studios. The results are visuals of outstanding quality and imagination, delivered on time and on budget.
FuseFX has developed a proprietary, highly efficient pipeline. This process differentiates the company from others in the business and allows for better quality control, faster turn around of shots, allows the artists to focus on the creativity of visual effects. The company has assembled a highly experienced team of artists, supervisors, and producers with a broad range of experience in all aspects of Visual Effects. The quality of the staff also differentiates FuseFX from its competitors.
Today, FuseFX’s three locations have over 30 television shows in production simultaneously, while also servicing various commercial and feature film projects. The company has exclusively provided Visual Effects for all the major studios, and on such productions as American Horror Story, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Criminal Minds, Sons of Anarchy, Bones, Mad Men, TURN, The Blacklist, The Magicians, and many others.
FuseFX was founded by David Altenau in 2006 and initially provided visual effects for a few network episodic productions. In 2008, Tim Jacobsen and Jason Fotter joined the company as partners and contributed to significant expansion, opening new offices in Burbank, and adding infrastructure and personnel to service multiple major episodic television programs as well as feature films and commercials. In 2014, FuseFX opened new offices in New York and Vancouver to service local clients in those markets, bringing on board Greg Anderson and Jon Cowley, respectively to head those operations and build teams dedicated to FuseFX’s mission to provide stellar visual effects.
As a philosophy, the principals at FuseFX believe that Visual Effects offer an amazing ability to go beyond the limits of what practical production can accomplish. We strive to work with our clients to create a vision and story that could not otherwise be accomplished without the tools and talents FuseFX offers.