The VFX Editor is a key link in the company, organizing, tracking and communicating editorial information between clients and our producers, supervisors, and artists.
- Assists in the set up and completion of all editorial work as required
- Checks cuts, makes editRefs, Shotgun cuts (retime, repo, stitch plate), checks plates, checks versions against client edits, sends spec QC checking formats, codecs, fps, and working range, checks precomps, makes context cuts
- Supports the Production team, collaborating with production management, coordinators, and artists
- Provides visual reference for production, artists, clients, etc.
- Helps with ingestion and processing of incoming client material
- Manages edits of sequences and shots, creating sequence edits for internal and client approvals
- QC Editorial client deliverables and prepares media for upload
- Assists in handling show wrap-up including: layoff of movie files, finals reel, returning assets to client
- Develops and provides improvements for procedures to maintain an efficient workflow
- Creates in-house reels such as company reels, show reels, technical breakdowns, awards reels, etc.
Preferred Skills & Competencies
- Professional Experience in Shotgun, Avid & Premiere is required
- At least two years of editing experience in film, TV and/or VFX
- File encoding/transcoding experience, demonstrating a solid understanding of video codecs and file formats
- Strong creative and technical abilities
- Experience working with Shotgun asset manager, knowledge of Nuke would be beneficial
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve, while meeting deadlines under tight schedules.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
How to apply
- Submit a cover letter and resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include position applying for in subject of email
- Clearly include your name, address, telephone and email address
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Thank you for your interest in CVD VFX
We are always interested in meeting motivated and talented artists.If you are interested in this position or you would like to recommend a candidate, please send resume and cover letter by email to the following address: email@example.com
Please note that you may be asked to provide references. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
About CVD VFX
ABOUT CVD VFX
CVD VFX is an award winning, full service visual effects studio based in North Vancouver. Focusing on compositing and industry leading stylization, our studio is recognized for consistently and professionally delivering the highest quality in VFX.
Stranger Things s3 | The Terror: Season Two | Westworld | Man in the High Castle | the Magicians | Lemony Snickets: A series of Unfortunate Events | 12 Strong |