Blackbird Interactive is looking for a Compositor to join our growing team. This role involves working with existing 2d illustrations and creating motion sequences with realistic layered animation, effects and camera moves. Our unique “Animatic” cutscenes are a staple of the Homeworld franchise, and you will become a part of the team with our world class illustrators.
Blackbird and its team of industry veterans are creating the first original Homeworld game in more than a decade. Building on the gameplay and technology they started developing long ago on HARDWARE: Shipbreakers, they are now working in collaboration with Gearbox software to create Homeworld: Shipbreakers, a thrilling prequel to the Homeworld saga.
- Editing, animating and compositing digital videos using in-house created illustrations.
- Creating FX & animations and working with sound and voice teams iterate on narrative delivery.
- Monitor deliverable progress, manage assigned scope and requested changes, meet commitments, follow up and be on time.
- Experience compositing and creating visual effects in After Effects.
- Excellent understanding and skill with the principles of cinematography including composition, camera movement, motion, editing, post-production and colour grading.
- Strong grasp of artistic fundamentals including lighting, colour theory, mood, space.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Available for full time & on-site work in Vancouver, BC.
- An interest in Science Fiction with a serious tone.
- Demonstrated passion for entertainment products / media (i.e. comics, movies, novels, etc.)
- Competitive salary
- Vacation and sick day allowances
- Certain applicants may be eligible for Health and Dental, and/or stock options
- Other studio programs related to maintaining the health and well being of our staff
About Blackbird Interactive
Blackbird is a private, independent game studio headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. The company was founded in 2007. The founders are a team of experienced and successful video game industry veterans including senior EA staff and founders of Relic Entertainment.
In 2010 development started with an ambitious sci-fi game entitled HARDWARE. Inspired by Homeworld, a franchise developed by some of BBI’s founders, it was originally planned as a Free to Play (F2P) real-time strategy (RTS) game. After Gearbox Software bought the Homeworld IP in 2013, a deal was signed at PAX between Gearbox and BBI to turn HARDWARE into the next game in the Homeworld franchise.