Are you an Assistant Colourist interested in working with us on our Animated Feature?! The Assistant Colourist will be responsible for the preparation of materials for the Colourist to facilitate the execution of the colour grading of the film.
What you’ll get to do:
- Execute balance grades
- Do comp fixes like paint outs, sky replacements and lens effects
- Build and maintain the grade stack including grade mattes, keys and shapes
- Execute match grades to key shots set by the Colourist
- Liaise between DI and the Editorial department
- Assist with Editorial tasks
- Maintain edits
- Quality control of edits
- Responsible for QC of all assets leaving the department
What you bring:
- Experience as a DI Editor, DI Assistant or Online Editor
- Experience in animated TV and/or features or VFX films
- Working knowledge and experience using Baselight
- Working knowledge of editorial software such as AVID
- Experience working with multi-layer EXRs and stereo workflows
- Experience as a Junior Colourist is a plus
- Experience with ACES colour workflow is a plus
- Experience with HDR workflows is a bonus
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills and the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize work across multiple areas
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and build relationships across departments
- Strong technical and visual skills
What you’ll need to include on your application:
- Credit list of previous work
- Showreel if available
What do you value?
- Family culture – we produce amazing award winning films in a culture that is passionate, fun, friendly and family oriented
- Benefits – we’ve got you covered from day one! Massage, dental, and an on-site gym, to name a few
- Work/Life balance – we understand that people have families and activities outside of work, so we work hard to create a balance between work and life
- Social animals – join your co-workers in various social activities such as after work drinks, bake-offs, creative competitions and sporting events
Please apply if you are eligible to work in Canada.
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is an independent Australian company that has been at the forefront of creating digital content, award winning design, visual effects and animation for the film and television industries for over 25 years. With creative studios in Sydney and Vancouver and offices for the company’s development arm, Animal Logic Entertainment, in Sydney and Los Angeles, Animal Logic continues to forge new partnerships and collaborations with leading studios and filmmakers to develop and produce stories that resonate with a global audience.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then come and join us at Animal Logic!