We are seeking a Systems Engineering Lead who is able to work in a fast paced, high pressured environment with highly diverse user abilities. This is a hands on role.
As the Sys Engineering Lead you will be responsible for supporting, managing and improving the overall efficiency in the usage of existing server/storage resources and core infrastructure services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking a leadership role in supporting, managing, streamlining and further developing our key data file server architecture.
- Improve departmental service and performance, reduce costs through efficient utilization and management of infrastructure systems and maximize business productivity by making core services powerful and flexible enough to meet changing production demands.
- Take a particular leadership role in managing and continuing to develop Animal Logic’s core infrastructure, providing in depth expert knowledge of filer server architecture as well as and guidance and mentoring for other team members on issues.
- Be a high-level escalation point for sensitive or technically difficult problems.
- Participate in the recruiting and interview process for new employees as required.
- Lead project development and implementation in partnership with technical management and peers
- Participate in brainstorming and problem solving to create and maintain production pipeline(s) and support AL’s overall technical goals in partnership with software R&D, video and digital operations, and production groups.
- Author functional and design specifications, build prototype systems, and use other appropriate techniques to achieve architecture definition and design goals.
- Plan and implement infrastructure resources to meet changing business requirements, with all appropriate documentation for support and user education.
- Ensure accuracy of hardware and software asset database information related to system infrastructure
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 6 years’ experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Experience leading a team
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure architectures and individual component relationships within an architecture (storage systems, DNS, directory services, mail servers, web servers, etc.) accompanied by broad knowledge in a number of other technical areas (e.g. networking, security, etc.)
- BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience is required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Engineering
- Creative industry experience (desirable but not essential)
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux operating system usage and support required. Support experience in Macintosh environment preferred.
- Strong understanding of desktop and server relationships and operating systems required.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: DNS, FTP, HTTP, Apache, Mozilla, software installation as a minimum.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
About Animal Logic
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver within the creative precinct of Yaletown. Production on our first Vancouver-based animated feature commences in January 2016 with more animated features in the pipeline.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then Animal Vancouver has some awesome opportunities available. So come and join us as we set up our Vancouver studio, build to our first production and grow and establish a leading 3D animation studio with a team of hundreds.