Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a VFX Supervisor, On-Set to work in collaboration with our clients and in-house VFX Supervisors and Creative Director on various projects.
- Preparation of scripts & bidding VFX breakdown with methodologies for discussion.
- Participate in tech scouts with shooting crew.
- Provide on set reference and HDRI photos as needed.
- Work with Director, and DP during filming.
- Make critical on set decisions to maximize shot success and/or plan for issues.
- Manage day to day developments between set and studio during production.
- Communicate client direction, and hand off general on-set progress to in house VFX Supervisor.
- Provide artistic and technical supervision throughout pre-production for VFX.
- Provide daily “end of day” report back to the studio.
- 4+ years on-set VFX experience is required.
- 2+ years of on-set experience in VFX supervisory role
- Expert knowledge of VFX pipeline and techniques required to complete VFX shots.
- Excellent english communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Script breakdown and bidding experience a requirement.
- Extensive experience in obtaining relevant set information, including HDRI, measurements etc., within a
- Fast-paced, on-set environment.
- Expert in lighting greenscreens and plate shooting.
- Ability to seamlessly shift methodology according to day-of production changes.
- Extensive client management experience.
- Thurough understanding of on-set etiquette.
- Experience in both episodic and feature film projects an asset.
- Must demonstrate diplomacy and be a positive representative on-set and in studio.
- Thorough knowledge of MAYA, VRAY & NUKE.
- Must provide up-to-date CV, credit list and reel demonstrating listed skills.
BC residents only please.
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have two studios located in Los Angeles, New York and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket's; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary, The Get Down and Zoo.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?