We are currently seeking a FX Supervisor for our Vancouver studio. This is a Supervisory position that oversees a pooled team that services all productions in-house. The FX Supervisor reports to the Creative Director and Heads of Production.
This is a full time, one year position.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Lead a team of up to 14 artists
- Works closely with the Creative Director, CG Supervisors & show Leads
- In tandem with department coordinator, distribute work to team according to the production schedule,
- ensuring that it will be finished on time and with the standard of quality required.
- Asset development (HDA’s) and technical troubleshooting
- Attend dailies, administrative and managerial meetings as required
- Work with Recruitment, view reels and attend interviews as required
- Assist and mentor artists
- On-the-box duties as required
- Minimum 8 years experience within live action VFX and/or Dynamics.
- Minimum 3 years experience within Houdini FX pipeline.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Proficiency with Houdini in all of the major contexts (SOPs, DOPs/POPs, lighting, rendering) a requirement.
- Proficiency with pyro, destruction, and liquid simulations.
- Rendering in both Mantra and VRay.
- VEX/HScripting/Python knowledge an asset.
- Experience with Maya.
- Ability to establish a methodology to achieve desired results within allotted time frame.
- Excellent communication skills in English; both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of Shotgun.
- Knowledge of Nuke an asset.
- Highly organized.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Experience in fast pace environment.
- Able to receive constructive criticism.
- Ability to evaluate workload vs. resources and provide accurate delivery estimates across multiple shows.
- Collaborative leadership style; always working to achieve common goals in terms of delivery and quality.
- Positive attitude and flexible schedule.
- Must showcase an up-to-date demo reel demonstrating listed skills.
BC Residents preferred.
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Once Upon a Time, The 100, Arrow, X-Files, and Homeland.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?