Our Vancouver, BC location is currently seeking a Character FX Artist beginning in September.
The CFX Artist is experienced in all areas of animation and has held previous positions within an FX or Character FX team. The CFX Artist will work closely with the project supervisors as well as the Character Supervisor and Animation Supervisor with respect to best artistic and technical approach associated with each character & creature.
- Set up and adjust hair grooms and cloth simulations using Yeti and Maya nCloth
- Complete character FX work on a shot per shot basis
- Check for and fix penetration and intersection problems
- Check for and fix continuity issues
- Ensure that all shot assets are cached and shaded for lighting
- Identify, and correct, any problems with cached geometry
- Ensure that all shot assets can be cached and put into the lighting pipeline
- Minimum 3 years of experience producing high resolution CGI content and FX
- Expert in Vray, Maya, Yeti & nCloth
- In-depth knowledge of rigging
- Experience with hair, fur and dynamics
- Ability to light in Vray and take CFX to final
- High level of understanding for physically based simulation
- Knowledge of Marvelous Designer as asset
- Knowledge of MEL, Python and C++ an asset
- Must be a collaborative team player and problem solver
- Must be meticulous and organized with asset management
- Excellent technical and artistic communication skills required both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
BC Residents Preferred.
375 Water Street, Vancouver, BC
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Once Upon a Time, Arrow, The 100, Sacred Lies and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?