Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a 3D Character Modeler. This is a project based position beginning immediately.
The Character Modeler works under the supervision of the Look Development Supervisor and the Creative Director.
An up-to-date reel or website demonstrating skill set is required.
- Model/texture/shade/sculpt high quality hero creatures and characters assets.
- Take point on character/creature design and development under the direction of Supervisors as needed.
- Collaborate with rigging, animation, and CFX to create production ready assets.
- Set up initial groom and cloth template.
- Create posed and lit turn tables.
- Work within the colour and lighting pipeline.
- Ensure downstream pipeline needs are considered and assets are optimized for rendering.
- Work with team members to address notes.
- Work to ensure internal and external deadlines and deliveries are met with budgeted hours.
- Share knowledge and techniques with team members to improve overall team skills and asset quality.
- Apply secondary skillsets in other areas when waiting for character/creature assignment.
- Mentor other artists including juniors.
- 5 yrs. minimum experience creating high resolution organic models.
- Strong knowledge of realistic anatomy of both bipeds and quadrupeds.
- Proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, Mudbox.
- Solid re-topologizing and UV skills a must.
- Experience with photo-real VFX production work.
- Photorealistic texturing experience an asset.
- Knowledge of V-ray an asset.
- Strong understanding of hair grooming methodologies.
- Yeti experience a plus.
- Hard surface modeling experience a plus.
- Excellent English communication skills both written & verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries.
- Ability to communicate creative ideas fluidly
- Pro-active, highly motivated with a solid work ethic.
- Team player
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to keep up with fast pace and meet tight deadlines.
- Up-to-date reel showcasing required skill set.
BC Residents Only Please
375 Water Street
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Once Upon a Time, Arrow, The 100, Sacred Lies and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?