Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a Scheduling Manager.
Summary of Position
The Scheduling Manager works closely with the HOPs, Producers, EPs and Department coordinators to anticipate and respond to project resource needs and to create solutions that support the artists, projects and company.
- Daily check in with Pool Dept. Coordinators and Show Coordinators to identify resource overages or underages
- Daily check in with LA and NY Scheduling to load balance show needs across all 3 facilities
- Work with HOPs to negotiate best usage of resources between projects
- Ensure On-Set resources are scheduled and booked as needed
- Ensure MCR and Rendering resources are scheduled and booked as needed
- Generate department Gantt reports as needed
- Attend Scheduling and Resource meetings
- Maintain vacation calendar with FrontDesk
- Gather a solid understanding of the individual skills sets of artists to assist HOP in team planning
- Work with HR and recruiting to track training initiatives, schedule performance feedback, and skills development
- Minimum 3 years VFX production experience
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of VFX Pipeline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive use and knowledge of EXCEL
- Knowledge of Shotgun an asset
- Proven ability to work effectively within a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to negotiate resource and team needs toward a win-win situation for all parties
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Personality is key. You are a calm and positive problem solver who is able to maintain a sense of humour while managing multiple priorities
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have two studios located in Los Angeles, New York and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket's; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary, The Get Down and Zoo.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?