Our Vancouver location is looking for a Junior Pipeline Developer who will be responsible with assisting in the overall efficiency of the facility-wide production pipeline. They will support the management and development of tools that help digital artists with their daily use of both third party and in-house software and systems. These tools are intended to make visual effects production as efficient and productive as possible.
The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, and production work flow.
We hope to begin interviewing qualified candidates in September for an October start.This is a 6 month contract position with possibility for an extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with and take direction from CTO, Pipeline Managers, and Senior TDs as well as artists to create, support & maintain tools to be integrated into Zoic’s existing pipeline.
- Utilize Python and PySide for tool creation and support
- Work with artists to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Update and maintain tools, techniques and work flows as required
Qualifications, Skills & Software Required:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Python
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Experience with Version Control Systems
- Some experience with Qt. Other UI framework experience a plus
- Knowledge in Python scripting in Nuke, Maya
- C/C++, web development, SQL experience a plus
- Past experience with Shotgun, RV, Cinema4D, Houdini a plus
- Linux experience a plus. Bash, file IO, process lifecycle
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Flexible schedule
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have two studios located in Los Angeles, New York and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket's; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary, The Get Down and Zoo.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?