Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a 3D Character Modeler. This is a project based position beginning immediately.
The Character Modeler works under the supervision of the CG Lead, CG Supervisor and VFX Supervisor.
An up-to-date reel or website demonstrating skill set is required.
- Create digital assets from both cyber scans and photographic reference that meet all production requirements
- Ability to work self-directed and also follow specific direction when given
- Work closely with other departments to ensure assets created work through the pipeline
- Pro-active team member who demonstrates a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, Mudbox
- Good retopologizing and UV skills a must
- Experience creating high resolution organic models
- Photorealistic texturing experience an asset
- Knowledge of V-ray an asset
- Hard surface modeling experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries
BC Residents Only
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Big Eyes, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny, Keanu, Once Upon a Time, The 100, Arrow, Flash, Lucifer & Man in the High Castle.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?