We are currently seeking a Senior (Houdini) FX Artist for our Vancouver studio. This is a project-based position that will oversee a variety of projects including film, episodics, stream-series and event television. The Senior (Houdini) FX Artist reports to the FX Supervisor.
This is a short term ( 5 weeks), full time position.
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Work efficiently with a compositing team and within an existing 3D facility pipeline
- Must be able to take an element from concept to final render in Houdini
- Asset development (HDA’s) and technical troubleshooting
- Manage renders and quality control passes being sent to compositing.
- Flexible schedule
- Min. 5 years experience in feature film, episodic television or commercials a must
- Proficiency with Houdini in all of the major contexts (SOPs, DOPs/POPs, lighting, rendering)
- Proficiency with pyro, destruction, and liquid simulations
- Rendering in either Mantra or VRay
- VEX/HScripting/Python knowledge an asset
- Working knowledge of Maya an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Positive attitude
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have two studios located in Los Angeles, New York and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Keanu, Keeping Up with the Joneses, Imaginary Mary, Lemony Snicket’s, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and Man in the High Castle.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?