Intermediate 3D Generalist (Assets)
The role of the 3D Asset Artist includes a variety of asset creation within films, stream-series and broadcast television projects.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Create high quality 3D assets with emphasis on characters & environments.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a modeling/texture/shading role within live action VFX
- Experience in shading using both templates and creating from scratch
- Ability to create photo realistic tile-able textures & hand painted custom maps
- Extensive experience in sculpting
- Look Dev Shader experience ( Vray / Maya )
- 2D / 3D texturing experience ( MARI / Zbrush / Photoshop )
- Organic modeling experience including landscapes, vegetation, digi-doubles
- Experience in Nuke, SpeedTree, Terragen and Yeti an asset.
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to clearly communicate with Leads and other disciplines within your team.
- Highly organized
- Problem solving capabilities with a “solution-driven” attitude
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Experience in fast pace environment
- Experience mentoring junior artists
- Other 3D Generalist duties as it applies to asset creation.
- Must showcase a comprehensive reel demonstrating photo real capabilities as outlined
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have two studios located in Los Angeles, New York and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket's; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary, The Get Down and Zoo.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?