This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia.
We are currently seeking a VFX Producer for our Vancouver studio. The VFX Producer reports to the Heads of Production. This position requires both high level client and internal team management skills.
This is a project-based, full time position.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 yrs of previous experience as a VFX Producer and/or Production Manager for large scale vfx projects
- VFX Producer credits on high profile film and/or television projects
- Ability to build and manage a professional relationship with executive level clients
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to manage team in a positive manner
- Managing Dailies and project meetings
- Maintaining adherence to production contract standards
- Negotiating with outside suppliers as required
- Experience in breaking down scripts and creating budgets (dollars).
- Extensive experience in balancing budgets (dollars & hours) and negotiating change orders
- Organized and highly detail oriented
- Expert in Shotgun and creating custom filters
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communications skills in English; both written and verbal.
- Performance management in collaboration with artist Supervisors
- Overseeing and mentorship of Coordinators and Associate Producers
- Must be able to work within a fast paced environment
- VFX related education an asset
- Passion for visual effects
Permanent Residents and Canadian only, please.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Fargo and The Haunting of Bly Manor.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?