VFX Outsource Coordinator
This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia if applying within Canada or in the United States.
We are currently seeking an Outsource Coordinator for our VFX Departments.
The Outsource Coordinator will work closely with the VFX Producers, Department Supervisors and Department Managers to ensure that all tasks required to be outsourced are dealt with efficiently and within the production deadlines. You will be the main link between the internal VFX Pooled Departments and the Internationally located vendors.
The Outsource Coordinator position requires a person who is extremely detailed oriented and is great at following instructions. They have a high aptitude for executing repetitive tasks while still paying attention to small details. This position reports to the VFX Outsource Manager and the Global Head of Operations.
- Collaborate with Production and the Department teams to break down workload requiring outsourcing.
- Accurately prepare reports in Excel and Word in order to update production on milestones and deliveries.
- Coordinate and communicate file specification requirements between vendor and studio.
- Communicate and act as liaison between international outsource vendors & studio.
- Request and gather quotes from vendors.
- Support daily requests for the departments from various projects.
- Take clear and concise notes on all outsourced shots during project dailies
- Provide updates to department supervisors and managers along with production.
- 1 year min. experience in a coordination role within a VFX Studio.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with Shotgun
- Thorough knowledge of the VFX Pipeline process.
- Experience in a fast-paced administrative role.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be comfortable communicating by telephone.
- Must be able to follow direction while working and problem solving independently.
- Must have flexible working hours as some calls may start late in the day.
- Takes initiative and thrives in a very fast paced environment.
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States or British Columbia if applying within Canada. This is a remote (work from home) position
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contact
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Ozark, See, Sweet Tooth, Superman & Lois, and Legends of Tomorrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?