This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking an Unreal Engine Asset Artist to join our team.
Summary of Position:
The Unreal Engine Asset Artist is responsible for overseeing the creation of high quality, production specified assets for use in Unreal Engine, and the larger VFX pipeline, working closely with VFX Supervisors and Department Supervisors.
The ideal candidate will have a complete understanding of modeling, texturing and optimization of assets through the pipeline.
All applicants must include wireframe models, including textures and breakdown descriptions.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Create a wide array of hard surface and organic models
- Build and ensure creative and technical accuracy of assets for use in Unreal Engine
- Create assets properly scaled to real world accuracy and standards
- Work with Supervisors and team members to address internal/external note
- Ability to work from home / remotely within a structured team environment
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years’ experience building assets for use in Unreal Engine
- Must be proficient in Unreal Engine
- Proficiency working with Maya asset workflows between Maya and Unreal
- Proficiency with Substance, Zbrush, Photoshop and equivalent software
- Experience with Lighting and Shading in Unreal
- Ability to take artistic direction
- Knowledge and past experience in using Perforce file management
- Excellent communication skills in English; both written and verbal
- Problem solving skills, self-starter, adapt to production changes are required skills
- Up-to-date reel showcasing required skill set
Real-time VFX production related experience a plus
- This is a remote (work from home) position
- Candidates located in Vancouver preferred
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted
Canadian, Permanent Residents and those holding valid work permits for Canada only, please.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Fargo and The Haunting of Bly Manor.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?