Tracking and Layout TD
This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada or in the United States.
Zoic Studios is currently seeking a Tracking and Layout TD to join our Camera Department for upcoming feature and television projects.
The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of Python, Maya and Nuke, as well as have a strong understanding of tracking/layout and cameras. The tracking and layout TD will be responsible for managing and creating new tools for the department, helping sort technical issues in Maya and Nuke, as well as help manage databases/standards for cameras used on all projects. When needed the TD will also assist with the camera department’s integration with the rest of the company’s pipeline.
- Develop tools and pipeline relating to tracking/layout
- Manage existing tool library and update current tools
- Technical supervision when problems arise
- Attend pipeline meetings to build an overall knowledge of Zoic’s pipeline
- Manage camera databases for various formats/sensors/lenses
- Help with QC process of plate pulls conforming to client requested specs
- Propose new pipeline innovations for the department and Zoic as a whole
- Provide accurate timelines for given tasks
- Maintain documentation for all tools and processes
- Provides knowledge of tracking and layout process
- Aid internal productions in the setup and implementation of internal camera settings, standards, and workflows
- 4+ years of TD experience on television or similar
- Degree in Computer Science is a plus
- Expert knowledge in Python and MEL
- Knowledge of C++ is a plus
- Strong knowledge of ‘end-to-end’ VFX pipelines
- Knowledge of 3DE
- Knowledge of Shotgun and how to utilize it in tooling
- Knowledge of Syntheyes, Metashape, Unreal, Houdini and SCENE are all a plus
- Understanding of USD and its concepts a plus
- Work well in team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of camera formats and lenses
- Strong knowledge of the entire VFX pipeline
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada. At the moment this is a remote (work from home) position.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- All remote positions require the candidate to have a reliable internet connection via ethernet and work on Pacific Standard Time.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is a Visual Effects company that specializes in high end visual effects for television, film, and advertising. Our mantra is Visual Evolution - we focus on every part of the process, from the final picture to the pipeline used to create them.
Are you looking for your next creative and technical challenge? Come join our team!
Why Join Zoic?
- We are an Artist owned and operated VFX studio.
- We love what we do and always stay curious about new technology and techniques.
- We respect work/life balance in a hectic industry.
- We work with a team from all walks of life and backgrounds.