This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant for our Vancouver location. This position will report directly to the Senior Accountant in Vancouver.
Duties & Oversight:
- Process/oversee bi-weekly payroll and issue ROEs
- Issue T4s, T4As, T4A-NR
- Handle statutory remittances for BC (Worksafe BC, GST/HST, Non-Resident Tax, bi-weekly payroll tax remittances, EHT) in a timely manner; ensure all regulatory compliance in the BC office
- Participate in corporate month-end close process.
- Assist with accounts receivable including invoice creation and collection.
- VFX labour letter reconciliation
- Contribute toward ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Proficiency in Excel
- 2-year or above working experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must
- Solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Organized with excellent attention to detail
- High level of proactivity, integrity and dependability
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- QuickBooks and ADP experience preferred
- Wage: $27.00-28.00 / hour + OT as needed
- We offer benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, vacation, paid sick days and paid holiday following a 3-month probationary period.
*Although we thank all applicants for their interest, we are not able to support work permit for this position at this time.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Fargo and The Haunting of Bly Manor.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?