This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia if applying within Canada.
Administrative – Permanent Full Time
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We are headquartered in Culver City with multiple offices located in New York and Vancouver in this creative industry. We are looking for an energetic, high achieving and critical thinking individual who thrives on challenged assignments. Some of our recent credits include Stargirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Superman & Lois and The Flash etc.
- Fully in charge of month-end and other tasks that need to be completed periodically.
- Assist in compiling annual budget, quarterly forecast and parent-subsidiary consolidation.
- Research in various areas inclusive of government programs, tax regulations and other authorities’ guidelines to develop and present proposals to management team to optimize company stakeholder’s benefit.
- Handle financial related requests from company management team, government agencies, creditors, bankers, brokers, external accountants and other third parties’ by generating accurate and comprehensive reports.
- Other ad-hoc projects as assigned from time to time by Zoic Studios
- Review, evaluate and improve process for accounting procedures (A/P, A/R, multiple financial projections, month-end, payroll, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-year or above working experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suites (especially in Excel).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is a MUST.
- Solid problem solving, troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Organized with excellent attention to detail
- High level of proactivity, integrity, dependability and ownership with tasks assigned
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Wage: $40/ hour + OT as needed
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, vacation, paid holiday and paid sick days following a 3-month probationary period.
- Candidates MUST be located in British Columbia. This is a remote (work from home) position
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contact
*Although we thank all applicants for their interest, we are not able to support work visa for this position at this time.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Ozark, See, Sweet Tooth, Superman & Lois, and Legends of Tomorrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?