Roto & Paint Lead Artist
This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada.
Zoic Studios seeks a Roto & Paint Lead Artist to collaborate with various other departments within the studio to create and complete shots as assigned.
The Roto & Paint Lead reports to the Roto & Paint Supervisor and Roto & Paint Department Manager.
- Work with Department Supervisors to achieve creative goals and maintain quality standards.
- Quality control (QC) for both internal shots and outsourced shots.
- Work directly with the Roto & Paint team and Roto & Paint Supervisor to seamlessly integrate elements of a shot to the highest level of VFX realism.
- Proactively troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Attend production meetings as required.
- Provide guidance for team members.
- Take direction, and effectively communicate with both the team and management.
- 5+ years in Roto/Paint within a VFX studio
- Past experience in a lead role within VFX is a plus.
- Experience in communicating client notes to artists.
- Proficient in Nuke and Silhouette.
- Strong eye for detail, colour, and composition
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and follow through
- Work well under tight deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to delegate tasks as well as work on-the-box.
- Experience leading and mentoring others.
- Organized and dedicated work ethic
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Must provide a link to reel demonstrating paint / roto and 3D projection skills along with a breakdown.
Zoic is a Maya/Vray/Nuke studio.
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States, British Columbia or Ontario. This is a remote (work from home) position.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contact.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Ozark, See, Sweet Tooth, Superman & Lois, and Legends of Tomorrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?