We are seeking a Rigging Artist for our Vancouver studio. This is a project-based position working on a variety of projects and assets within a Rigging Department. The Rigging Artist reports to the Rigging Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will have expert MAYA skills, extensive experience in scripting, and the ability to manage multiple tasks in any given day. The Rigging Artist will be a part of the Rigging & Animation team; good communication and problem solving skills are mandatory.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Experience as a Rigger within a live action VFX or animation studio in TV and/or film.
- Assist in the creation of new rigs and rig components.
- Assist in the creation of realistic FK/IK rigs for a variety of humanoids, creature, and mechanical models.
- Perform rig fixes and troubleshooting during production as requested by Character Supervisor.
- Experience with weighting and skinning must be demonstrated.
- Ability to rig a variety of characters / objects in a realistic (non-cartoon manner).
- Solid understanding of Character set-up and rigging tools in Maya.
- Production experience with Deformers, Constraints, Hierarchies, Utility Nodes, Expressions, Hair & Cloth.
- Experience in Python in Maya.
- Must have some experience with scripting (Python, Mel).
- Knowledge of Api, PyQt, Pyside a plus.
- Knowledge & previous experience of anatomy and an understanding of bio-mechanics, for humanoid and animals.
- Excellent communication skills in English; both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Positive attitude and flexible schedule.
- Mentor and assist other artists.
- Must showcase an up-to-date demo reel demonstrating rigging abilities.
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have two studios located in Los Angeles, New York and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket's; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary, The Get Down and Zoo.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?