BC Pipeline Developer
All applicants must reside in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada.
We are currently seeking a Pipeline Developer who will be responsible for assisting in the overall efficiency of the facility-wide production pipeline. They will support the management and development of tools that help digital artists with their daily use of both third party and in-house software and systems. These tools are intended to make visual effects production as efficient and productive as possible.
The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of software design, graphics, and production workflow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with and take direction from Pipeline Managers, CTO, and Senior Technical Directors as well as artists to create, support & maintain tools to be integrated into Zoic’s existing pipeline.
- Utilize Python and PySide2 for tool creation and support
- Work with artists to troubleshoot and fix problems
- Update and maintain tools, techniques and work flows as required
Qualifications, Skills & Software Required:
- 2+ years of work experience as a Pipeline Developer or in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience building lighting tools for Maya, Houdini, or Nuke
- Familiarity with Houdini a plus!
- Background in Nuke compositing a plus!
- Experience with user interface development
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Experience with Version Control Systems
- Some experience with Qt. Other UI framework experience a plus
- Familiarity with Digital Content Creation packages such as Maya, Nuke and Houdini
- C/C++, C#, web development, SQL experience a plus
- Past experience with Shotgun, RV, Cinema4D a plus
- Linux experience a plus.
- Able to communicate clearly with the various Zoic departments and locations
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada. At the moment this is a remote (work from home) position.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- All remote positions require the candidate to have a reliable internet connection via ethernet and work on Pacific Standard Time.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is a Visual Effects company that specializes in high end visual effects for television, film, and advertising. Our mantra is Visual Evolution - we focus on every part of the process, from the final picture to the pipeline used to create them.
Are you looking for your next creative and technical challenge? Come join our team!
Why Join Zoic?
- We are an Artist owned and operated VFX studio.
- We love what we do and always stay curious about new technology and techniques.
- We respect work/life balance in a hectic industry.
- We work with a team from all walks of life and backgrounds.