Nuke Pipeline TD
This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada.
We are currently seeking a Nuke Pipeline TD. This role is for a full time position. The Pipeline TD reports to the Pipeline Manager.
- Work closely with the Pipeline team and CG Technical Supervisors in Vancouver, Los Angeles, and New York to design, develop, evolve, and maintain Zoic’s Nuke pipeline.
- Attend Pipeline meetings as required
- Complete tasks within the time frame given by Supervisors
- Create production software, pipeline-related tools and solutions
- Assist in the development and deployment of pipeline tools
- Write and/or maintain Python or C++ plugins and extensions for 3rd party packages used in the pipeline
- Write the necessary end-user and developer documentation for developed tools
- Train and support artists to use the developed tools
- Analytical mind
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or VFX required
- Minimum 2 years VFX experience within, film/TV or gaming
- Strong Software Development Skills;
- Procedural and object-oriented programming expertise
- Ability to design and implement systems
- Production level understanding of modular, large-scale digital asset management and version control
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Production Technology/IT/IS methods, practices, and trends
- User interface design and standard UI toolkits
- Bonus: Pipeline experience for at least one these discipline groups:Modeling, UV, Texturing, Shaders, LookDev, Lighting, Rendering
- Bonus: Experience using Ray Trace render engines. VRay knowledge is a plus
- Bonus: Third Party pipeline integration and plugin development for:
- Unreal Engine
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada. At the moment this is a remote (work from home) position.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- All remote positions require the candidate to have a reliable internet connection via ethernet and work on Pacific Standard Time.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is a Visual Effects company that specializes in high end visual effects for television, film, and advertising. Our mantra is Visual Evolution - we focus on every part of the process, from the final picture to the pipeline used to create them.
Are you looking for your next creative and technical challenge? Come join our team!
Why Join Zoic?
- We are an Artist owned and operated VFX studio.
- We love what we do and always stay curious about new technology and techniques.
- We respect work/life balance in a hectic industry.
- We work with a team from all walks of life and backgrounds.