Our Vancouver location is currently seeking an enthusiastic and effective Human Resource Generalist to join our small, dynamic administrative team. This position requires an individual who is highly detail-oriented, organized, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is interested in broadening their HR knowledge.
Our HR team is a dynamic department of 2 that is headed by the HR Manager. The role requires an empathetic individual that thrives on connecting with staff, building trust and relationships while also acting autonomously when required, and can focus on data entry driven tasks on a daily basis.
Summary of Position:
The HR Generalist is an administrative supporting role with the primary focus of ensuring that all employee data is up to date, organized, communicated to required parties, and legally compliant.
This position reports to Human Resource Manager.
75% HR Administration
15% HR Consulting and Client support
10% HR Projects
- Maintenance of Employee Files & HRIS
- Data entry and reporting
- Benefit administration
- New hire documentation & onboarding
- Work permit application administration
- Research and development of employee programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Employee relations
- 3 + years experience in a busy office environment within an HR department
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with relevant HR law (WorkSafeBC, PIPA, ESA, etc.)
- Experience using an HRIS and ATS
- Experience tracking, compiling, and reporting information from multiple sources
- Proficiency in MS Office including EXCEL
- Strong client service skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use discretion at all times
- Understanding of BC payroll laws an asset
- Working knowledge of VFX or similar pipeline is a bonus
Office based role
This is a 1-year position, with the possibility of extension
Successful applicant must be able to work in Canada legally.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow and Stargirl.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?