Head of Production
This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in the United States or British Columbia if applying within Canada.
The Head of Production, Series Television is a management position that reports to the VP and EVP of Production. The role focuses on the overseeing of our North American VFX production team and management of our client relationships. You will be participating in key-decision making in conjunction with Zoic’s Management team across Los Angeles, Vancouver, and New York.
The role requires a love of process, organization, and leadership.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Daily management of the production teams and VFX projects ensuring schedules, milestones, and deliveries are running smoothly. Assist in the resource assignments of the shows.
- Provide direction and leadership through production issues and create a positive work environment.
- Lead, train and motivate the team to perform at their best.
- Assistance with show budgets from bidding/breakdown all the way through to quality checking.
- Communicate with EP’s and Zoic Mgmt show dates, plans, concerns, and needs. Make recommendations on handling issues that crop up like change in scope, budget concerns, etc.
- Meet regularly to monitor project budgets and projections.
- Establish and maintain daily and weekly reports to the general management.
- Be a communication bridge across different departments including IT, Pipeline, and Artist Pools back to production.
- Be a point of contact for clients when needed.
- Act as a VFX Producer when needed.
What you need to be successful
- Proven experience as a VFX Producer in Television, Film and/or Advertising.
- Business expertise with an ability to balance financial responsibilities while managing and catering to clients.
- Thorough understanding of VFX production pipelines and postproduction.
- Strong scheduling, tracking and resource management skills.
- Articulate communication skills both written and verbal.
- Collaborative and creative problem solver.
- High level of initiative.
- Experience leading teams of at least 20 people.
- Ability to travel if necessary, between the three Zoic offices.
Bonus points, but not required
- Familiarity using Shotgun/Shotgrid.
Studio is based in Los Angeles, Vancouver and New York. A remote first, hybrid approach is available to all candidates. All remote positions require the candidate to have a reliable internet connection via ethernet.
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada. At the moment this is a remote (work from home) position.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- All remote positions require the candidate to have a reliable internet connection via ethernet and work on Pacific Standard Time.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is a Visual Effects company that specializes in high end visual effects for television, film, and advertising. Our mantra is Visual Evolution - we focus on every part of the process, from the final picture to the pipeline used to create them.
Are you looking for your next creative and technical challenge? Come join our team!
Why Join Zoic?
- We are an Artist owned and operated VFX studio.
- We love what we do and always stay curious about new technology and techniques.
- We respect work/life balance in a hectic industry.
- We work with a team from all walks of life and backgrounds.