This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada.
We are currently seeking a CG Generalist, with a strong focus on Grooming. This is a project-based position that will oversee various projects through to completion. The Grooming Artist reports to the project CG Supervisors and Character Supervisor.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure assets created work through the pipeline
- Implement best practices, and anticipate potential problems
- Rendering in Vray
- Grooming with Yeti in Maya (or Grooming with Houdini)
- Simulating hair grooms in Maya
- Correcting topology if/when required
- Correcting UVs if/when necessary
- Developing hair shaders and general hair look development
- Simulating cloth and other dynamics systems
- Sharing knowledge with other artists, and assisting in producing training documentation
- Work with pipelines and tools to assist in the development of proprietary tool sets around grooming and simulating
- Proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, Mudbox & Yeti (or Grooming with Houdini)
- Ability to create cg hair/fur and hair simulations
- Experience troubleshooting hair/fur requirements on shot-by-shot basis
- Ability to work self-directed and follow specific direction when given
- Experience with both organic and hard surface modeling
- 3 + years’ experience within TV and film VFX pipeline
- Photorealistic texturing experience
- Knowledge of V-ray an asset
- Up-to-date reel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule for deliveries
- Pro-active team member who demonstrates a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Candidates must provide updated reel showcasing grooming specific work.
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States, British Columbia or Ontario. This is a remote (work from home) position
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contact
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Ozark, See, Sweet Tooth, Superman & Lois, and Legends of Tomorrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?