This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia.
We are currently seeking a self-starting Facility Coordinator for our Vancouver studio. Zoic Studios has 200 employees working remotely, and approximately working 10 in studio. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment and taking initiative comes easy to them. Our Facility Team ensures that our studio runs smoothly and equipment is shipped and received in a timely and accurate manner. This is an Administrative role and does not report to production.
This is a year-long contract position beginning at the end of April 2021.
General schedule for this position alternates between 8:00am – 2pm or 10:00am – 4pm. Hours may vary based on work load/production schedules so some flexibility is required.
This position requires you to work in our Gastown studio daily.
How you will spend your time:
- 40% Facility maintenance
- 40% WFH equipment coordination
- 15% Administrative tasks
- 5% Other misc. duties
- Coordinate equipment deliveries/pickups for remote workers
- Enforce and encourage Zoic’s COVID-19 policies throughout the workspace
- Keep the facility clean and organized
- Maintain the fully stocked kitchen
- Maintain office supplies
- Track and maintain Zoic’s On-Set Equipment
- Ship and receive packages/mail
- Online research
- File receipts from various purchases
- Weekly shopping trips to Costco, Canadian Tire, etc.
- Assist with company-wide events
- Fulfill overtime meal requests of artists working in the studio
- Assist with additional tasks from the Admin/IT team
- Provide a positive service experience to all employees
- Occasionally cover front desk:
- Answering phone calls/ Greeting visitors
- Scheduling various meeting requests via Outlook
- Ensuring employees follow studio entrance protocols (with regard to COVID-19)
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must be comfortable answering phones in a professional environment.
- Must be able to follow direction but work and problem solve independently
- Detail oriented (capable of spotting discrepancies in 100 item invoices etc.)
- Must be able to do regular physical work (Bending over to clean, carrying and lifting of heavy items up to 50lbs.)
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings, as needed
- Experience with customer and food service is an asset
- Food Safe/Serving it Right certification is an asset
- Zero criminal history, bondable
- Wage: $18.00 / hour + OT as needed
- Health Spending Account
- 4% Vacation Accrual
Permanent Residents and Canadians only, please.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Fargo and The Haunting of Bly Manor.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?