This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada.
Our Vancouver, BC location is currently seeking a project specific CG Lead with strong shot finishing skill for an immediate start.
The CG Lead will work in a team environment taking direction from the VFX Supervisors, as well as work in conjunction with the 2D Leads to complete shots on various projects.
- Work with CG and Department Supervisors, VFX Supervisor and other Leads to execute creative goals and maintain quality standards.
- Responsible for CG team hitting creative and technical notes during production, and for setting up any specific pipeline requirement
- Overall responsible for tasking out a small CG team
- Work includes on-the-box shot finishing
- Manage a team of up to 5 artists
- Help guide and mentor junior artists
- Make sure CG needs are communicated to other departments
- Work with Producers to ensure deadlines and milestones are staying within budget
- Minimum 3 years 3D specific experience in lead role within live action VFX in film and television
- Minimum 5 years in Generalist role
- Excellent English communications skills; both verbal and written.
- Expert in MAYA and Vray
- Expert Knowledge in Lighting and Rendering
- Excellent English communication skills; both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Shotgun
- Unreal Engine
- Substance Painter
- Must showcase skillset with comprehensive and updated demo reel.
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States, British Columbia or Ontario. This is a remote (work from home) position.
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs.
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contact.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Ozark, See, Sweet Tooth, Superman & Lois, and Legends of Tomorrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?