This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking an Asset Technical Artist.
The Asset Technical Arist is responsible for supporting the technical needs of assets throughout the studio. From the initial build, through to final delivery, the Asset Technical Artist ensures the smooth movement of assets between departments. They will work closely with the Asset teams (Modelling, Environments and Rigging), Pipeline Department and across the facility, to ensure a standardized approach.
The ideal candidate will have strong teamwork skills and be adept at developing solutions through pipeline troubleshooting, user support, technical direction and tool development.
This role is for an immediate, full time, contract position.
- Ensure technical quality of assets through production
- Hierarchy follows a standard
- Optimize builds
- Textures are mipmapped and in proper colour space
- Assets are generally performing as expected and provide support where needed
- Troubleshoot render issues as it relates to assets and shaders
- Ensure that assets are compatible with local and cloud render farms
- Implement processes, workflows and tools for the asset teams
- Identify tasks that can be automated
- Work with asset leads, tools team and pipeline department on solutions
- Establish strong partnerships to ensure assets runs smoothly and consistent across multiple shows
- Document and train team on the toolsets
- Convert and ingest show specific assets into a general library
- 5 years’ previous experience in the VFX industry as a technical artist, technical director or generalist
- Senior level experience in CG required
- Strong knowledge of Maya
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in working with pipeline for tool development
- Strong technical knowledge in modelling, texturing & rigging
- Secondary technical knowledge in animation, lighting, rendering and compositing
Would be nice to have:
- Unreal Engine
Demo reel/Experience that demonstrates qualifications required
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Fargo and The Haunting of Bly Manor.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?