Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a Senior 3D Generalist with a high proficiency in a variety of skills across the areas of lighting, shading, modelling, texturing in Substance or Mari, animation and the ability to do a quick composite to show their work.
The Senior Generalist will work under the direction of the CG Supervisor & CG Lead.
This is a project based contract position, Mid-Feb through to June 2021 with the possibility of extension.
Summary of Position
- Work with CG Supervisor and CG Lead to create photo-realistic assets and environments.
- Work closely with team members and leads to produce assets as required within our VFX pipeline.
- Shot finaling.
- Create photo- realistic lighting of CG characters, organic, & structural environments, props etc.
- Work with other team members to address internal and external notes.
- Work within assigned hours and deadlines.
- Keep up to date with internal tools, software and techniques.
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Assist in overall team communication and contribute to positive work environment.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within live action VFX in film and television in 3D specific role.
- Strong background and experience in photo- real asset creation from start to finish.
- Experience in asset development, VRay render software.
- Solid level understanding of CG lighting principles.
- Basic animation skills
- Expert in Maya
- Proficiency in MARI and Substance
- Proficiency in Zbrush and Mudbox
- Pro-active team member who demonstrates a strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work self-directed and also follow specific direction when given
- Experience working in a high pace environment.
- Must showcase skillset with comprehensive and updated demo reel.
- Working knowledge of Shotgun
- Understanding of Nuke
This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia.
Permanent Residents and Canadians only, please.
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Legends of Tomorrow, Stargirl, Fargo and The Haunting of Bly Manor.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?