The 3D Generalist (Lighting) works under the Lighting Lead and/or CG Lead, and in conjunction with other team members, to create photo realistic lighting for multiple digital elements to match live action plates, mood boards and concept where required.
- Create photo realistic lighting of CG characters, organic, & structural environments, props etc.
- Work within the colour & lighting pipeline.
- Ensure downstream pipeline needs are considered & optimized for rendering.
- Work with other team members to address internal and external notes.
- Work within assigned hours and deadlines.
- Keep up to date with internal tools, software and techniques.
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Mentor more junior artists.
- Assist in overall team communication and contribute to positive work environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within live action VFX in film and television in Lighting specific role.
- Proficient in Maya and VRay.
- Understanding of Nuke.
- Thorough understanding of CG lighting principles.
- Experience with full CG environments.
- Experience matching digital lighting with practical photography/live action plates.
- Experience with lighting digital assets using HDRI.
- Thorough understanding of colour space and how/when to apply.
- Ability to utilize creative lighting along with technical applications to add visual interest.
- Ability to create layout of lighting for use in virtual and set extensions.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Positive attitude.
- Open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Experience working in a high pace environment.
- Must showcase lighting and VFX experience with up-to-date reel.
About Zoic Studios, Vancouver
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have two studios located in Los Angeles, New York and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include, Keanu, Everything Everything, Once Upon A Time, The 100, Arrow, Lemony Snicket's; Series of Unfortunate Events, Man In the High Castle, Imaginary Mary, The Get Down and Zoo.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?