This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in the United States or British Columbia/Ontario if applying within Canada.
Our Vancouver, BC location is interested in hearing from Senior Compositors for immediate and future openings.
The Compositor works with and collaborates with the 2D Leads to create and complete shots as assigned.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Must be proficient in Nuke
- Working knowledge of Maya
- A minimum of 5 years live action visual effects compositing experience
- Knowledge of projection, matte painting integration, CG integration, EXR integration, rig removal
- Excellent understanding of 3D multi-pass rendering techniques and colour space concepts
- Expert eye for colour and composition
- Ability to take artistic direction
- Works well with tight deadlines
- Organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mentor junior artists
- Up to Date reel showcasing required skill set.
- Zoic is a Maya/Vray/Nuke studio.
- Candidates MUST be located in the United States, British Columbia or Ontario. This is a remote (work from home) position
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contact
About Zoic Studios
Zoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Some of our recent credits include Ozark, See, Sweet Tooth, Superman & Lois, and Legends of Tomorrow.
"Visual Evolution" is our mission; we invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world of visual effects. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?